Friday, August 21, 2015

End of Summer Party

Planning Ahead


I am planning a farewell to summer party for my neighbors.  We often have cocktail parties in the "thank God it's Friday" fashion, so I am knocking it up a notch.   Today I am testing the appetizer menus and I've made this ice idea ahead of time

with lemons and limes!  
I froze sliced lemons and limes in a silicone cupcake tray
funny thing about the silicone cupcake tray - very unstable! You have to use a cookie sheet underneath it or you will be mopping up the kitchen floor.  Easier with water than cupcake batter!

After popping the frozen disc's out of the rubber cupcake holder
they store easily in a freezer bag until party time

I think they will look pretty in a cup of water or the frozen margarita's I am going to serve
also I think the cubes will chill a glass of white wine nicely too!


It's an easy nice way to chill your drink and can be made way ahead of time!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment